My name is Skylar Peak and I am a third generation resident of Malibu. My grandparents settled here in Malibu during the 1950s and I believe Malibu must retain its historical charm and rural environment. As your City Councilman, I am committed to working with our community to protect and preserve our home, its natural beauty, safety, history, and way of life.
In the last 4 years, I’ve learned a lot while in office as your Mayor and City Councilman, and it’s going to make me a more effective Councilman over the next 4 years. I am consistent, and my values remain strong. It is in my bones to believe in Malibu. Together, we have led a movement to give a voice to the people of Malibu. That movement is far from over.
We need to chart our own destiny for the people who live here, new and old. I want a Malibu of the people, by the people, and for the people. One where our neighborhood character is protected, one where our beaches and schools are clean and pristine, and one where PCH is safer for our kids, and less congested for us to get the market. A Malibu we can be proud to hand off to our kids and future generations.
There’s no better place in the world than this city. I’ve committed my life and career to it. I have the experience, the passion, and the commitment to ensure that we serve the people of this city.
If re-elected, I promise to continue working for you with the same dedication as when you first elected me in 2012. Malibu must be an environmental leader. The policies we enact here affect the rest of the country.
I am open-minded, a good listener, and a proven leader.
Please re-elect me to Malibu City Council.
- Current Mayor Pro Tem and former Mayor and Councilmen, City of Malibu (2012-Present)
- Former Parks & Recreation Commissioner, City of Malibu
- Former Board Member of Boys & Girls Club of Malibu
- Former Member of Wastewater Advisory Committee, City of Malibu
- Attended all Malibu schools: St. Aiden's school, Juan Cabrillo, Malibu High and Pepperdine University
- Supporter of Advocates for Malibu Public Schools (AMPS)
- Local Business Owner, Peak Power Electric
- Sponsored and passed elimination of pesticide and anticoagulant rodenticide use on all city property
- Advocate and leader during campaigns for Measures R and W
- Consistent record representing Malibu residents, and for following Malibu’s Local Coastal Plan
- Supporter of Dark Skies ordinance
- Supporter of the Ocean Park Community Center working with Malibu’s homeless population
- Advocate for acquiring more open space, Trancas field